Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crawfish party

In April, the tradition here in Houston is to have a southern crawfish boil, and they sell them everywhere. We went to a crawfish party and after some peer pressure, I got the courage to actually try one. It takes alot of work to get to the little bit of meat, but it is not bad. Kind of like a mini lobster.


It was sad because when you cook them, you have to put them in the boiling water alive. There were some leftover crawfish that we didn't use that were still alive, so we let them go in a pond. It made us feel better about eating their friends. PETA would be proud.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

C Stevens said...

You are much braver than me. I've had the chance more than once but turned it down. I can't get past how they look.

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha! Fun! :)