Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's a . . . . . . . . . BOY!






Having the ultrasound was such a neat experience! My parents were here for the weekend so they got to come to the ultrasound and be a part of it. When the technician announced the baby was a boy, Jeff said, "Nice! I'm going to save a lot of money!" I guess there aren't quite as many accessories I can buy for boys. I asked Jeff if I could still put a rhinestone binky in his mouth and he definitely didn't like the idea too much-I'll just have to work on him a bit! All kidding aside, we are very excited! It was so amazing seeing him move around inside me and seeing his tiny body parts. He wasn't being very cooperative for the pictures. He had his head tucked all the way under and I'm hoping that means he is a cuddler. We also got to see him in 3D which was even crazier! I also started feeling him move about a week ago. It is so weird feeling little jabs and knowing that it's him kicking me. I'm sure it will only get more surreal as the kicks become more pronounced!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Shauna Dahlin said...

Congrats! You guys are going to make great parents! Sean was really excited for you guys when Jeff texted him to tell him that it's a boy.

C Stevens said...

Boys are great! It's true, you do save a lot of money. If we had a girl I'm not sure I could resist all of the cute puffy, frilly dresses. I still look at them even though I don't have a girl.

Devanie said...

Oh ASH! I'm SOOOOOO HAPPY for you guys! That cracks me up that Jeff said he's going to save a lot of money- sounds like your Dad! Too funny! I love your little bellie- what a cute momma you are!

Gabe and Christina said...

Congratulations Ashley!!! How exciting!

Ben N Nessa said...

LOL! We are SOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!!! Just think, Jeff will be at school a lot, so you can just sneak the rhinestone binky in your baby's mouth when Jeff's not around ;)

Leah said...

Looks like you are keeping up with the Jolley tradition of boys! So fun!

Ashley said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you Ash! Boys are sooo special! Will you be in Fresno this summer? Cute ultrasound pictures, I'm glad your mom was able to be there! I bet Jeff's excited!

Aaron & Drew Rucker said...

Congratulations you guys!!! That's so exciting. Make sure Jeff teaches him how to play softball so one day he won't be on such an embarrasing team :)

r said...

Congratulations, guys! That is so exciting!

Adele said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for another little boy!! Don't worry.. you'll get the chance to have the rhinestone binky at some point!! You're adorable Ashley!! Isn't it so amazing when you first feel that kicking?? Trust me... you'll get to the point where you wish he wouldn't kick you so much!! I used to have to push Becketts legs back in because he would kick so hard!