Yep. . . that's my third and final visit to the rodeo! I'm pretty much an expert now at this whole rodeo thing so if you have questions, come see me. My parents couldn't visit Texas without going to the Rodeo. There was a girl that was doing barrel racing from Fresno - we were so excited and cheered way loud for her!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
A "Jolley" Visit
My parents came to visit us last weekend and we had so much fun seeing them! They were only here for 3 days, but boy did we make it an action-packed weekend.
On Friday we went to a place called Kemah Boardwalk. This place was so cool and it was such a beautiful day outside so it was a perfect day to visit. It is on the way to Galveston and it has tons of fair rides/games, shops, places to eat, and a boardwalk next to the ocean.

My dad was determined to win at this game . . . and he did! Look at the intensity on his face - he's got the eye of the tiger for sure.
We went to some pretty gardens near our place. It's on an old Houstonian estate so we got a tour of the house and then walked around the gardens after.
I love fair food! This corn was amazing!
Jeff and my dad and our friend John went trap shooting on Saturday morning. Here's Jeff looking tough.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ashley!! So, I will definitely be coming to Houston quite a few times while we are living in El Paso. My sister and brother that live there are having another baby! They are due in early August, so I think I will be flying over there sometime close after that to help with the kids and the transition to 5 kids! Ahh... Anyway, looks like a fun visit from your parents! I haven't seen your parents in so long!
PS... I love hydrangeas too!! They are so beautiful and different!
I love Texas. I've only been there once but we had a really great time. It looks so sunny.
I want to go too! The colors of Houston look GORGEOUS- so vibrant! Looks like you had fun with the 'rents- tell them hello for me!
Love the picture of you and your mom :) Oh, and that corn looks DELICIOUS!
Hello!!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you to be a mom! It is fantastic! But, it still seems surreal. I can't wait for the updates. You guys look great! I'm glad that your family could come visit-looks like you had tons of fun.
Post a Comment