So, Jeff and I went to the famous Houston Rodeo and it was incredible! We definitely feel like real Texans now! The rodeo is a huge event down here in Houston and runs everyday in the month of March. All the girls get dressed up in there cowboy hats, rhinestone shirts, jean skirts, and cute cowboy boots, so of course I had to wear a cowboy hat, but I still need to buy some cowgirl boots. They have a livestock show where you see all the animals, then they have a huge carnival and a TON of food booths and BBQ competitions, with really good Texas BBQ. Then at night they have the Rodeo in Reliant Stadium, which is where the Houston's NFL team plays. The Rodeo was amazing and Jeff and I kept laughing at all the funny competitions they had. It was really entertaining. Then they had the bull-riding, and Jeff and I cheered on some Utahns thathad made it from Payson and Tooele. After they had a fireworks show and after each rodeo, they have a concert afterwards and that night Rascal Flatts played and they were amazing!!! Such a fun night...here are some photos and post below of the festivities.
Bull rider from Payson
Bull rider from Payson

5 comments:
Glad you guys had fun! You took some really cute pictures! It was such an awesome performance and rodeo!!
Isn't the rodeo so much fun! I love the county fair here every year because they have a really fun rodeo every year! Yeehaw!! =)
Yeehaw!!! Looks like fun! Payson & Tooele...classic!! :) How fun to see Rascal Flats! Love them!!
Wow! The Rodeo and Rascal Flats can't get any better than that! Wish we could be there too... Love & miss ya
Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun, and Ashley, you look like a natural in that cowboy hat!!
Post a Comment