Today marks 3 years since Jeff proposed to me (4 months exactly before our wedding day). I can't believe it's been that long! I had no idea he was going to propose that night. I thought we were going on a sleigh ride with his co-workers from Sundance. When we got there these "friends" coincidentally didn't show up (my first inkling something was up). We first went on a sleigh ride around the Homestead resort (in Utah) and then Jeff got a call from his friend Chris. Jeff said we had to walk over to meet him so we treked across a huge field of snow (it was FREEZING outside! think 20 degrees) and arrived at a patch of sand with tiki torches set up, a pink blanket he made, and Jeff's guitar. I was in shock! I had always wanted to be proposed to on a beach and when I was living in Utah I figured that dream was over. Jeff knew this so he made a beach for me! Earlier that day he hauled tons of sand over to a tarped area and poured it around and then set up tiki torches to make it feel like a beach. He played a song on his guitar he wrote for me (recounting various dates we had been on) and then got down on his knee and proposed! It was so exciting and romantic and of course I said "yes!" immediately. Since his friend was there setting up the last minute things, he got some pictures afterwards. It was such a great night! I love Jeff so much! He is a wonderful husband and does so many sweet things for me. He really is a modern day "renaissance man". I always get so jealous of his talents! On top of that he is so funny and keeps me laughing no matter what.


4 comments:
Yay!!! Congrats 3 years ago!! haha.. that sounds funny! Congratulations you two!! We sure love you guys!! Wish you lived closer!!
Awww...Happy 3 Year Engagement Anniversary! :) Ours is coming up, too....we miss you guys!
I can't believe how time flies...and yet, it feels like Ashley has been part of the family forever. We love you guys and the great memories and love you have given and continue to give. We are so missing you. Congrats!
You two couldn't have found a better match. You are a perfect fit for each other. It really doesn't seem like that long ago. Happy anniversary. Love you two.
Post a Comment