
Jared and Jeff got to take an Australian outback hike in the blue mountains with this cliche Australian adventure guy in their ward. They had a blast.

Jamisen loved playing with his new baby cousin Jack. It is so great they are so close in age, they are going to be best buds!

Jared and Julie took us to this wildlife park called Featherdale's where you can feed and see native Austrailian animals like kangaroos, koalas, tasmanian devils, wombats, crocodiles, and dingos. This koala was huge! It was so neat to see it so up close and Jamisen couldn't take his eyes off it.

Feeding the kangaroos... Jamisen and Jeff loved it!

After some peer pressure...I was able to feed the kangaroos too, although I was freaking out because his mouth kept tickling my hand.

With all the dangerous wild animals in the park that could attack you, you wouldn't think that a chicken could be one of them. Rex Finch begs to differ. Our nephew Rex decided to chase one of the chickens at the park, and instead of running away the chicken flew on top of his head and proceeded to peck and scratch him. The obvious reaction we all should have had would be one of concern, but we were all on the floor laughing so hard at what we had just seen, since a chicken would be our last guess of an animal you would see on "When animals attack". Besides a scratch on the cheek and a bruised ego, Rex was okay.

We took a little excursion down south of Sydney to Jervis Bay. Along the way we stop at this gorgeous view of the valley to the ocean. As you can see we are pretty excited about the view.

The crystal blue water right in the beach resort we stayed.

Jervis Bay according to the Guinness Book of World Records has the whitest sand in the world. It was honestly one of the prettiest places on earth. The water was the bluest and clearest I had ever seen, and the sand was so white. Here we are on Hymas Beach.

The resort had free kayaks, so Jeff loved taking a cruise around the inlet

A wild kangaroo came to our rental house. It was crazy just to see wild kangaroos everywhere! This one even ate out of our hand.

We had a "Tim-Tam Slam" that night! Tim Tams are famous Australian cookies that you bite off the ends and suck hot chocolate up the middle for a huge chocolate rush.

Our last day we took a cruise around the Sydney Harbor on a ferry. We both agreed that the harbor has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Great views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. A perfect end to the trip

Took a ferry to the other side of the harbor and had some famous Aussie fish and chips! So good!!
Thanks Finch family for showing us such an amazing time!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! It is so beautiful there! I especially love the family pic in front of the barn. By the way Happy Birthday to Jamisen recently!!!
I loved seeing your New Zealand and Australian photos and reading your fun descriptive text. Your experiences and adventures brought back fond memories of the times I have spent with Julie,Jared and their family in the beautiful land of "down under."
Love all the pics! Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!! WOW! Looks like so much fun. I'm so glad your long overnight flights went well. I can't imagine taking a baby that old on an overnight flight... I got those same looks taking Emory onto our Brazil flight, but she did amazing as well. I love your family picture! So cute!! Can't believe how big Jamo is getting! ONE already!! Wow!
You guys look like you made some amazing memories! I am so happy that you were able to go and do that! I LOVE the pictures.
Post a Comment