Christmas continues to get more and more fun each year as the kids get older. This year was no exception. Jamisen got the concept of counting down until Christmas so he loved eating a candy from the advent calendar each day and taking a loop off of our paper chain. One funny story is that one night Jamisen and I went out for a mommy/son date to chick fil-a and afterwards browsed the toy aisle at Ross. He found a toy he wanted and asked if he could have it. I then fired back with my favorite tag line of the season..."You can add it to your Santa list!" After I said this he breathed an exasperated sigh and said, "ahh, come on Christmas! Why is it taking so long?!"
Christmas morning
Jamisen's Favorite Presents: Sandbox, Legos, Switch and go Dino, dinosaur train, Robin Hood Movie
Jackson's Favorite Presents: mini drum set, activity walker, and food pouches
Taking steps on his own
Someone thought they would clean up after Santa and finish his cookies
He loved his walker and it's helped a lot with him practicing walking and getting more stable.
Aunt Cascia and Uncle Morgan gave Jamisen an Iron Man costume and he loved dressing up
One of these days I will decide on stockings and put our names on them!
I love my doorstep at Christmas! When I take everything down it's so bare :(
The boys did great meeting Santa. When Jamisen met him he told him the three things he wanted: a dinosaur train, shark airplane and "switch and go" dinosaur. The entire month he stuck to his guns that those were the three things he wanted. Me being a practical mom decided I'd get him 2 out of 3 of the things he wanted and then other things I thought he would love/need. Needless to say, on Christmas morning when he didn't get the shark airplane he said, "Santa didn't bring my shark airplane!" He was sad but I explained we can't get everything we ask for....total parent fail! For now on I will listen and just stick to the list. The kids really do know what they like!
Opening presents with Papa on Christmas Eve
My Nana and Grandpa
My attempts at getting a nice sibling picture...so much for nice!
Jamisen loved standing in front of the ward and singing christmas songs with the Primary kids. He is totally not shy!
Our ward did a twist on the Christmas party this year and had it Mexican style. I learned/helped make homemade tamales and let me tell you, it's a lot of work! Here we are with "Papa Noel"
The Christmas season wouldn't be complete without walking down Christmas Tree Lane. This is one of my favorite traditions and the kids love it. We bundle up, load the stroller, get some hot chocolate and view all of the neat light displays and houses. This year our good friends moved into a home nearby so they had a little get together before and then we all walked together.
Fun Facts: Christmas Tree lane began in 1920 with the decoration of a single tree in the memory of a child who died. It is one of the longest running holiday events nationwide.


1 comment:
Looks like fun! I want to go to the Christmas tree lane! Luke is already looking forward to next Christmas. I'm just looking forward to warm weather. :-) We miss you guys!
Post a Comment