Wednesday, January 25, 2012

August 2011

Jeff had a chance to meet Mitt Romney when he came to Fresno. Since tickets to attend the breakfast were extremely expensive, only Jeff got to attend. :( I was so excited for Jeff to meet him because he really admires Mitt. Every night he watches Fox News and reads political articles analyzing the 2012 election. Although I would have also loved to meet him, I'm not quite the political buff that Jeff is. When Jeff met him he mentioned that he also served a mission in Paris, France (as Mitt did) and they were able to speak French to each other and compare mission notes. Pretty neat!

We are pretty excited about this next picture....our little pomegranate tree that we planted in the Spring produced it's first fruit of the season! Surprisingly it grew 5 pomegranates but a couple split open before they were fully grown and then birds got to some others, so by the time they reached ripeness we were left with one big, beautiful, juicy pomegranate! We revelled in every bite and I'm pretty sure it was the best pomegranate I've had.....but I may be a little biased! There is just something about eating the "fruits of your labors" that is so rewarding!


One of Jeff's work trips in Monterey happened to coincide with a big Car Show. One of the days Parker and Kayleigh drove over to see Monterey and we decided to go to Carmel. I saw so many Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and then this little beauty....a Buggatti. At the time I actually didn't know what it was but I was walking along the street and saw a bunch of people stopping and taking pictures so I thought, that must be a really nice car so I'll take a picture and show Jeff. Later that night I showed Jeff and he told me that the Buggatti is the most expensive car in the world (1.6 million dollars!) and only about 50 people own them. If only I had known this at the time, I would have appreciated it more when I saw it in person! :)

No comments: